[wplug] Epson Inkjets (was: printing to network printer)

Brandon Poyner bpoyner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 19:46:53 EST 2007

On 1/19/07, Zach <netrek at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to buy a laser printer that works in Linux. Are there any
> really good black&white ones I could buy new for say $100 to $150? I
> am only interested in printing text so I figure it's better to get a
> laser printer which can print many many pages before it needs a new
> cartridge than one of those inkjet cheap printers for around $60 that
> costs as much to replace a cartidge as the cost of the printer itself!
> System will be Debian Linux (testing) and I've never setup a printer
> before in Linux so this will be an adventure. Plan on using the
> program enscript for printing code a la "enscript -2Gr" :-)

Zach, try this link for some recommended monochrome laser printers
that work well with Linux.  I'm not sure if any of them are in your
price range.

http://www.freestandards.org/en/OpenPrinting/Database/SuggestedPrinters#Monochrome_Lasers

They also have a database of printers and a rating of how well they
work with Linux.

http://openprinting.org/printer_list.cgi

--
Brandon