[wplug] Epson Inkjets (was: printing to network printer)

Paul Armor parmor at gravity.phys.uwm.edu
Fri Jan 19 16:07:45 EST 2007

Hi,

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Drew from Zhrodague wrote:
> 	I'd also like to point out that a good way to avoid inkjet cartridges
> entirely, is to invest in a bulk-ink-supply for your favorite printer. This
> kit replaces the inkjet cartridges with a seemingly normal cartridge, except
> for the series of tubes that lead to far larger ink-tanks (it is not a
> truck). The tubes neatly fold alongside the ribbon cable for the head
> mechanism. I've kinda been eying the one for my 1520 -- at $80, costs about
> as much as just the two cartidges from Office Depot.

One thing to watch out for with any solutions regarding refilling carts,
resetting counters on carts, or replacing carts with hoses and bottles, is
that the print head does wear out on these over time (the best inkjet
printers, IMHO, have the wells containing ink separated from the print
head); the solvents (and the like) in the ink can cause the nozzles to
start spraying too much ink, etc, over time and print quality will
suffer... Laser's are better ;-)

Cheers,
Paul