[wplug] Epson Inkjets (was: printing to network printer)

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Fri Jan 19 15:02:06 EST 2007

> Just a quick tip on Epson inkjets since Drew
> recommended them.  I had one and got very frustrated
> when my full ink containers would mysteriously report
> empty, and since I had 4 colors, if 1 (say Magenta,
> which I never used) reported empty, none of them would
> work.  This is because there's a little chip in each
> cartridge that increments every time you print, and
> even if you use no ink it eventually claims to be
> empty.

 	This is with the newer Epsons, if I remember correctly.

 	I'd also like to point out that a good way to avoid inkjet
cartridges entirely, is to invest in a bulk-ink-supply for your favorite
printer. This kit replaces the inkjet cartridges with a seemingly normal
cartridge, except for the series of tubes that lead to far larger
ink-tanks (it is not a truck). The tubes neatly fold alongside the ribbon
cable for the head mechanism. I've kinda been eying the one for my 1520 --
at $80, costs about as much as just the two cartidges from Office Depot.

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		http://www.zhrodague.net