[wplug] printing to network printer

Paul Armor parmor at gravity.phys.uwm.edu
Fri Jan 19 13:18:20 EST 2007

Hi

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Brandon Poyner wrote:

> On 1/19/07, Paul Armor <parmor at gravity.phys.uwm.edu> wrote:
>
>> I think that the blob of stuff I referenced above is a port of that
>> Solaris stuff to linux and OSX.  If that's the case, this can be used with
>> LPR/LPD and IPP, and just plops itself in the middle to preprocess the
>> data on the host, and generate the inkjet data stream.
>
> I don't know if this link will work, but there is a Linux Driver Kit
> (LLPDDK) from Lexmark.  Perhaps this is what you are mentioning?
>
> http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/sequentialem/home/0,6959,204816596_659668505_0_en,00.html

Thanks, that looks better... I guess they've removed the linux "driver"
(note, it mentions Caldera *shiver*, but takes you to the OS9/OSX .hqx)
and not updated the links?

It does look like that "LDK" might be what you'd need, but it refers to a
couple of printers that AREN'T the z65, who knows if it'd actually work...

I'll shut up now.

Cheers,
Paul