[wplug] Exchange GAL via Evolution 2.8

DK curlynoodle at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 16:07:48 EST 2007

Hello All,

My employer has (sadly) setup MS Exchange Server for internal email, etc.  I
have configured Evolution 2.8 on Fedora 6.  I can read email, access my tasks
and contacts, however I cannot read the Global Address List.

Evolution displays the following:
"Error loading addressbook.

We were unable to open this addressbook.  This either means you have entered an
incorrect URI, or the server is unreachable."

The server is not yet connected to the Internet, so it does not have a true host
name.  I am accessing it via our LAN.  I have entered the server IP and local
hostname, for the "Global Catalog server name", nothings works.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dave