[wplug] Take me to hardware school

Gary Pitman gpitman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 14:54:08 EST 2007

Nothing in dmesg seems abnormal (all the targets are found and identified)
and when the cluster attempts to mount the device is throws this error
"clusvcmgrd: [21663]: <err> service error: mount: /dev/foo_data/foo_data_3
is not a valid block device"
When I try manually mounting the device I get:
    # mount /dev/foo_data/foo_data_3 /san/data1
    mount: /dev/foo_data/foo_data_3 is not a valid block device
    #

The disk devices are Overland Reo's so there is no logging on that end. They
are all mounted using LVM and this particular logical volume spans 2 disk
spindles that, as I said will mount on an  identical machine.

The machine seems to think it is a block device until its time to mount:
# file /dev/foo_data/foo_data_3
foo_data_3: block special (58/17)