[wplug] Early DST

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jan 11 09:52:01 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 09:30 -0500, Mike Griffin wrote:
> How is everyone going to handle the early DST change this year?

Ubuntu shipped the updated TZ files a while ago, so the update stream
should have picked them up.  I noticed that my RHEL 3 server (not
bleeding edge by any stretch of the imagination) picked up the updates
somewhere along the way.  So, basically, if you've got auto updates on a
more recent system, you should be good.

As an aside, in November, Western Australia voted to go on DST for the
first time in many years.  Furthermore, they set it to go active in just
two weeks from the date of the bill's passage.  Ubuntu users had no
problem with the time change.   Windows users were out in the cold --
it's really hard to push a patch in two weeks.

--Patrick