[wplug] Trivialities... Re: A gentle reminder on posting etiquette

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Tue Jan 9 11:28:08 EST 2007

Ian Robertson wrote:
> Constantly witnessing people going off on trivialities (like becoming
> enraged when someone's cell phone accidentally gets left on) is exactly
> why I quit coming to WPLUG after only a few meetings.
>
> Just a little food for thought for those of you trying to boost the ranks.
>
> "You never get a second chance to make a first impression..."

I can honestly say that if you are willing to overlook the occasional
outbursts or flamefests, WPLUG events can be enormously educational and
fun.  People, particularly linux geeks, can sometimes display
unfortunate social behavior, but I believe that the good experiences far
outweigh the bad.

Maybe you should contact the members of the board if you have a problem
with the way the events are being run?  WPLUG is really an open-source
group, and often you'll get more out of it if you participate and
provide input.  I'm no longer a member of the WPLUG board, but I know
many of them and I'm sure they'd be overjoyed to get some feedback.  I'm
sure someone from the board can post here about the best way to provide
this feedback.