[wplug] Re: A gentle reminder on posting etiquette

Greg Simkins gregsim at telerama.com
Mon Jan 8 18:54:09 EST 2007

From: "Bill Moran" <wmoran at potentialtech.com> sez....

We should probably post links to some well-written rules on list etiquette
on the web site so we have something to direct people to.

Greg Sez....

Is it really etiquette or are we trying to minimize duplication for the
email digest?  I have a hard time being offended over whether comments are
posted at the top or bottom.  It is good to keep the messages short for the
purposes of following it.

In my little microsoft world, I am very accustomed to hitting the reply
button and typing above the entire thread.  In fact, I get horribly confused
when I get email from folks at AOL which seems to default to drop the
previous parts of the thread and I can be totally lost over what the subject
of the comment is.

So please clarify whether the rules you are debating are to avoid some sort
of offense or to save bytes of storage on the WPLUG mail server.