[wplug] Re: certification (now cert study group)

jeman062383 at aol.com jeman062383 at aol.com
Tue Jan 2 13:27:04 EST 2007

    Hi Greg,

 I attended PTI (Pittsburgh Tehncial Institute) and got an associates in IT. Right now I work in all windows enviroment, but am really interested in eventually working with Linux, which is why I want a cert. Ya PTI was an ok school, it's not perfect but I did learn alot. The second class where we did things like work with NFS and apache is what really got me hooked, however we didn't get to learn everything, we were supposed to get sendmail, and DNS training in Fedora Core, but the other students had trouble picking things up mainly due to poor aptitude and FUD.

 As far as books I have I have quite a few, including the electronic (chm) copy of the RHCE study guide by Micheal Jang, but plan on buying the hard copy off amazon possibly later tonight. The RHCE study guide is a bit dated however because it was written for RHEL 3 and Red Hat is supposed to release RHEL 5 in march. They are on 4 as of right now. I believe Fedora Core 6 is based on RHEL 5 since it is bleeding edge software for Red Hat. FC 6 could be something we use in the lab. I'll try to find more information for you.

 I think this cert study group is a great idea as it will not only benefit us as individuals and our careers, but the knowledge and skills we will obtain by getting these certs can be invaluable group.

 Sincerely,

 Justin Ehrlichman