[wplug] Re: certification

Greg Simkins gregsim at telerama.com
Tue Jan 2 11:32:03 EST 2007

Hi jeman062383,

The next WPLUG meeting is a week from Saturday on Jan 13.  I will be late as I have a missions network meeting at Northway in the morning.

I have 3 others so far expressed interest in the study group, but we have no proposed dates or modus operandi.  If we need a lab for experimentation my church in Carrick has a small PC lab.  A nice place to meet is at Paneras in Oakland near McGee Hospital.  We can reserve a room there.  They are happy if we buy some coffee and maybe a bagel and they provide free wireless Internet acces.

Did you take CIT-220 at CCAC?  or what tech school did you attend?  How was it?

I just ordered a copy of General Linux I Exam Prep (Exam: 101)  by LeBlanc, Dee-Ann from Amazon.  It was the only Linux exam review book that came up on their search and there were many used copies for $0.01 plus shipping.  The satisfaction ratings were high, so even though I don't understand why somebody would bother to sell a book for a penny, I bit.  After taking the practice exam a few times, I decided that I need more explanation than a simple correct answer.

I would be very pleased to have you join our study group.  I look forward to hearing your ideas.

Greg