[wplug] Samba problem - SOLUTION

R.E.Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Sun Feb 25 13:24:29 EST 2007

While I still seem to have a problem with the guest db portion of SAMBA it
looks like my problem was a combination of permissions.

I had samba set to allow guest access to 2 directories and both those
directories had Linux system permission to allow all read and access to
other.

The problem must have been that the directory above the two shares did not
have read and access permission for other.

I moved the shares into a new folder called /home/public that has read and
access permission for other and now the shares can be accessed as a guest via
samba.

I guess this was another case of "Do what I mean, not what I say"

-Bob