[wplug] Be nice if we had such a freenet in Pittsburgh

Michael Skowvron michaels at penguincentral.org
Sun Feb 25 10:56:19 EST 2007

Michael Semcheski wrote:
> Michael Skowvron wrote:
>>Drew from Zhrodague wrote:
>>>Who's interested?
>>
>>Always have been. Here's a prediction of where I "think" I can reach
>>with 2.4GHz. Anyone in the blue areas?
>>
>>http://www.penguincentral.org/wireless-predict1.png
>
> What exactly is that you linked to?

If you're referring to the picture, I just grabbed an image from Google
maps and painted over it where I predict I might be able to reach. I
based the propagation on views from my roof and a quick look at the topo
map.

If you send me your address in a private message, I'll work up a better
prediction on whether we can establish a link. I'm located between
Wightman and Wendover, Hobart and Beacon. From your location, it would
be just to the left of the large brown apartment building on Beacon. If
you can see the roof of a smaller tan/yellow-ish apartment building on
Hobart, then we have a guaranteed path.

Michael