[wplug] Be nice if we had such a freenet in Pittsburgh

Zach netrek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 10:05:44 EST 2007

Is it normal to have such ridiculous monopolies the way we have here
(Verizon, Comcast, Duquesne Light) in other similar sized cities in
the US? Is the city so desperate for a significant corporate presence
it feels the need to continually throw huge tax incentives, and
monopolistic anti-consume polices? Ironically the business tax burden
here is among the highest in the nation. Better to lower this and get
rid of the idiotic monopolistic, anti-competitive practice and then
there would be true market dynamics in play which would benefit
consumers, the city and business in the long run! Sigh our state,
city, and county's electorate seems to have predilection for putting
bozos into power and re-electing them over and over and over....
(sigh). Thus endeth the rant.

Zach