[wplug] Be nice if we had such a freenet in Pittsburgh

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Wed Feb 21 17:44:39 EST 2007

> I have been tooling with the idea of starting a community-based wireless
> service in my neighborhood of West View.  You may recall posts on the subject
> awhile back.  It is one of many projects I would _like_ to undertake,
> unfortunately I simply can not find the time.  The other hindrance is my
> perception of the community, not enough geeky folk to make it worthwhile.
> For example, I asked my next-door neighbor if she had any interested in a
> wireless Internet connection for her family's PC.  Her response: "isn't
> wireless unsafe... we're happy with Comcast anyway".  I opted to let the
> subject end there.

 	Yes, I do remember speaking with you and others on the topic.
There is interest, but people are spread apart.

 	Of those people that you know, do you think you can help bring
them together with others at the same time? How 'bout a face-to-face meet?

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		http://www.zhrodague.net