[wplug] Making mutts first attachment html was: Commandline blogger ....

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Feb 21 13:49:24 EST 2007

John Harrold wrote:
> Sometime in February, Patrick Wagstrom proposed the following:
> | Also, I forgot.  Blogger has a post-by-email feature.
> |
> | http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=41452
>
> Now this is useful. I'm kind of stumped on one thing here. In order to have
> html formatting in the email, it's got to have a mimetype of text/html [1].
> The following is really ironic given my signature: I don't know how to make
> the mimetype of mutts email message text/html. I tried creating a separate
> html file and attaching that with an empty body for the actual message, but
> that didn't work. Are there any mutt users on the list who can tell me how
> to fix this?
>
> [1] http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42466
>
> Thanks for the time guys.

It's been a few years since I used Mutt (the need to switch to multiple
computers accessing the same email over IMAP was a killer for me), but I
remember you could use the command:

set edit_hdrs

If your .muttrc to edit all the headers when you compose a message.
It's messy, but it might be a way to get around your problems.

--Patrick