[wplug] Server Monitoring

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Mon Feb 19 16:20:58 EST 2007

I resenty install RT (request tracker) on an old desktop machine
(1.8GHz, 384 RAM).  For the remander of the school year, I would like to
monitor it, and get some usage information.  This information will then
be put to use for requesting better hardware for when we lauch RT for
the whole school (ie, students and staff. right now just staff use it).

Anyway, I have never done this (at least for a long period of time), so
I need some ideas/helpful software/scripts/etc.  to log the hardware
load.  I have done some googling, but am asking this list due to the
"collective experience" you all could bring to my quest.

The machine is ONLY used for RT, so it's basic components are:
  apache
  postsql
  perl

So what do some of you do to keep an eye on your servers so you know
when/why it is overloaded?

Kevin

--
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org