[wplug] SVN upgrade -> mismatched RA version

Shane Liesegang shane at shaneliesegang.com
Fri Feb 16 14:03:37 EST 2007

I'm on a shared host that uses version 1.3.2 of Subversion, and I recently
compiled and installed a local copy of version 1.4.3.

Now when I try to run any svn commands, I get  a message about mismatched RA
versions.

$ svn help
svn: Mismatched RA version for 'dav': found 1.4.3, expected 1.3.2
$ svn co http://{my_repo}
svn: Mismatched RA version for 'http': found 1.4.3, expected 1.3.2

Some googling showed that these errors happen when there's bits of old
installs leftover from an upgrade. Of course, in my case, the old version is
still on the system. I get these even if I directly run the new binary (as
opposed to trusting my $PATH).

Has anybody dealt with this before? Any words of advice on how to proceed?
I'm afraid I hosed SVN. :-(