[wplug] Homebrew DHCP-TFTP-DNS Appliance - any pre made distributions?

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Fri Feb 2 18:26:08 EST 2007

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:35:09 -0500
scoob8000 <scoob8000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking to build a box to serve as a DHCP server, TFTP server, and
> possibly as a caching nameserver..

Did you look at IPCop?  Mine is a DHCP server, servers out the TFTP info
(the actually files are on a different computer.  Use it netbooting
machines for LTSP) and I think it does caching nameserver (if not by
default, there is most likely a plugin).

Not exactly an "appliance" but I see a lot on the mailing list about
people installing it to flash drives, and such to create the appliance.

Be honest, I can't say enough good things about IPCop.

--
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org