[wplug] logging visitors

Mark Griskey mark at linuxhardware.net
Mon Dec 31 10:51:26 EST 2007

All of what you need is in the HTTP Environment.  Here is a list:

http://www.cgi101.com/class/ch3/text.html

In Perl, these are available as %ENV, so to get log the IP and user
agent,  for example:

print FILE $ENV{'REMOTE_ADDR'} . " " . $ENV{'HTTP_USER_AGENT'}. "\n";

You probably could approximate the common log format and then run the
logs through any number of analytics programs (like webalizer).