[wplug] One Laptop Per Child

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Thu Dec 20 15:41:37 EST 2007

> I just received my XO Laptop this afternoon.  There is very little
> documentation:  two small flyers and a reference to online instructions at:
> http://www.laptopgiving.org/en/getting-started.php
>
> I haven't found anything about recommended age, except a warning that it is
> not intended for infants.  Also, an instruction not to step on it, so perhaps
> it is also not for toddlers.
>
> At least I got it for Christmas.  I will report on how the 4 year old
> (closing in on 5) does Christmas Eve.

 	Aye got my first look at one last nite -- very pretty! The only
thing that struck me immediately, was the lack of screen-position switch,
which I would expect to turn the display backlight off when the lid is
closed.

 	Other than that, it seemed to have apps on it, plenty of
interfaces, and seems like an excellent portable terminal. I don't know if
I want one yet, as two trucks full of fiberglass insulation are a little
more attractive to me at this time!

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		http://www.pghwireless.net