[wplug] One Laptop Per Child

scoob8000 scoob8000 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 08:04:18 EST 2007

> You folks were a huge help to me in my piece on Linux. Now I'm hoping that
> you can help one of my colleagues, Ann Belser. Ann is working on a story
> about the One Laptop Per Child project, headed by Nicholas Negroponte. If
> any of you has any connection with the project, whether it's having ordered
> a laptop, or having made some contribution to the software (however small),
> or in any other way - or if you even know anyone who has a connection to it,
> of any kind - could you drop her a line at abelser at post-gazette.com? She
> knows that I'm making this request, so you can use my name if you like.
> Thanks!

Here are a few articles I've seen in the past few weeks.

This one is slightly disturbing.
Nigerian based company files a patent infringement lawsuit against
Negroponte.
http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=796745

Microsoft wants XO to run XP.
(Maybe users will have to agree to be monitored?  :D  )
http://itnews.com.au/News/66442,microsoft-wants-ne-laptop-per-child-system-to-run-windows-xp.aspx

And lastly, a childs view of the XO.
http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/pagetools/print/news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7140443.stm

Most of these links were stories on slashdot, so my apologies if you've
already seen them.

-Mike