[wplug] Free books at tomorrow's meeting

Patrick Wagstrom patrick at wagstrom.net
Fri Dec 7 15:23:17 EST 2007

I've got the following techy books that are free to a good home.  Email me
directly and I'll bring the books you want to the meeting tomorrow.

* O'Reilly Books *
Niemeyer and Knudsen.  Learning Java.
Collins-Sussman, Fitzpatrick, and Pilato.  Version Control with Subversion.
Wall, Christansen, Schwartz.  Programming Perl 2nd Edition.
Siever, Spainhour, and Patwardhan.  Perl in a Nutshell.
Stein and MacEachern.  Writing Apache Modules with Perl and C.
Raymond.  The Cathedral and the Bazaar.
Glickstein.  Writing GNU Emacs Extensions.
Oram and Talbot.  Managing Projects with Make.
Hall.  Internet Core Protocols.
Albitz and Liu.  DNS and BIND 3rd Edition.
Levine, Mason, and Brown.  Lex and Yacc.

* Non-O'Reilly Books *
Kindred. Structured Assembler Language for IBM Microcomputers
Hoffer, Prescott, and McFadden.  Modern Database Management.
Chan.  The Java Developers Almanac, 1998.
Goodwill.  Apache Jakarta-Tomcat.
Bronson.  The Nudist on the Late Shift, and other True Tales of Silicon valley.
Kurzweil.  The Age of Spiritual Machines.
Hall and Proffitt.  The Joy of Linux.
Graham.  ANSI Common Lisp.
Fink.  The Business and Economics of Linux and Open Source.
Feller and Fitzgerald.  Understanding Open Source Software Development.
Hammel.  The Artist's Guide to GIMP Effects.
Morrison.  Ajax Construction Kit.

And, just to be a bit cranky.  If you've emailed me about stuff before and
then never picked it up or let me know you couldn't pick it up -- you'd
better have a pretty good reason to ask for these.  Also, don't just say
"I'll take them all" and then go list them on Half.com.  I'm offering them
for free because most of them have sat on Half.com for a couple of months
without selling.

--Patrick