[wplug] DSL or higher ISP?

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Thu Dec 6 13:32:38 EST 2007

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, DK wrote:

> I have been rather happy with Nauticom, which apparently uses
> PennTelecom outside of North Pittsburgh Telephone service area.  I do
> not if it is available in your area, but it is worth a look.

They're the same company.  North Pittsburgh Systems Inc.

When they are not the ILEC, they order new copper from the ILEC and punch
it into thier DSLAM which they co-locate at the ILEC's CO.

Where as Verizon will recycle any random pair of copper that has
continuity (never mind if its been sitting in an inch of water for 5
years).

They'll also prequal you at 18->25k feed, two hundred feet of which is IN
THE CO as it wraps around the DSLAM 50 times making a nice little
soilnoid.

~BAS