[wplug] DSL or higher ISP?

Sam Al-Droubi saldroubi at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 14:34:03 EST 2007

Can one get a static IP from Comcast?  Any restrictions on how you use it, say you have your own webserver at home.  I am currently using DSL from Telerama and I get two static IPs.

Michael Semcheski <mhsemcheski at gmail.com> wrote: On Dec 3, 2007 1:48 PM, Christopher DeMarco  wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 10:41:36AM -0500, Arenlor BloodLeaf wrote:
>
> > so that it has a redirect page that I have to turn off). So if any
> > of you have an ISP you'd like to suggest or if you'd be willing to
>
> Speakeasy fscking ROCKS.  But they're tres expensive.
>
> I've had no complaints during my 6 months of being a Comcast customer.

I concur with everything Chris said.  I switched from Speakeasy to
Comcast three months ago.

Speakeasy (with phone) basically ended up costing the same as Comcast
(with phone and cable TV).

Sincerely,
Sam Al-Droubi, M.S.
saldroubi at yahoo.com