[wplug] Thoughts & Considerations for email server

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Sat Aug 18 23:44:20 EDT 2007

Not sure why Bill didn't mention it, but he did an excellent
presentation <http://www.potentialtech.com/wmoran/spam.pdf> some
time ago on controlling spam.

I'd suggest that greylisting is something you want to seriously
consider implementing.  My mail provider first started out using
SpamAssassin, which was of limited usefulness.  Greylisting
greatly cut down on the volume of spam.  Plus, it'll save you on
storage and on CPU cycles burned by content/virus scanning.