[wplug] Book published using Open Source software

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Sat Aug 18 08:54:51 EDT 2007

Bill Moran wrote:
> Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:
>> Jonathan Billings <billings at negate.org> wrote:
>>> Just as another note in this thread:  I know at least one author who has
>>> published a couple books, all written in Docbook (http://www.docbook.org/).
>
> Another note -- this was not an author, it's an Editor/Publisher.
> I can't say what software was used by the authors, but I suspect
> it's a mixture.

For what it's worth, the author (not an editor) I was speaking of, who
used Docbook and other open source tools to write his books.

The tools for writing in Docbook have matured in the last couple years,
although they're still geared toward people happy with writing the
markup, and not using WYSIWYG.