[wplug] [OT] Why /. doesn't matter -- WAS: Book published using Open Source software

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Fri Aug 17 23:28:07 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 21:18 -0400, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> NASA engineering is pathetic,
> the shuttle violates all kinds of rules; saftey was one of them.
> They only (supposedly) implemented fixes in their organization after
> Challenger in 1986.

Furthermore, thank you for reminding me why the "/. effect" is too
wide-spread.

It's easy to complain and criticize.  It's much more difficult to be
_exacting_ and _specific_ with "constructive criticism."

Do you even had *1* specific detail on why NASA engineering is
"pathetic"?  No more generics, get _specific_!

Do you even understand the _mechanics_ of _all_ that goes into the
design of the Solid Rocket Booster (SRB)?

Did you even _follow_ the _real_ discovery on that failure?

Or the _real_ discussions on the _current_ and _real_ issue on the
CFC-less insulator that affects _many_ things other than STS?

--
Bryan J. Smith         Professional, Technical Annoyance
mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org   http://thebs413.blogspot.com