[wplug] Book published using Open Source software

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Aug 17 17:37:42 EDT 2007

> Michael Semcheski <mhsemcheski at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I agree with you here.  But as a news aggregator, its alright.  The
> > comments often contain a couple of links to relevant supporting
> > material, but you do have to wade through with some heavy rubber
> > thigh high boots.
>
> I just don't see publishing a book with open source as "newsworthy"
> in general.  It happens every day.

Don't know.

I mean, honestly, I have a split reason for doing the posting here,
as well as to any other forum.  One reason is to brag about the fact
that OSS was used to produce the book.  The other reason is free
advertising for the book.

I figure as long as the forum is appropriate for such a posting, nobody
will mind, which is why I _didn't_ post to any OOo or Scribus lists,
as I couldn't find any that seemed appropriate.

I don't frequent /. enough to know whether something like this is
appropriate or not.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com