[wplug] Book published using Open Source software

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 17 16:58:29 EDT 2007

Michael Semcheski <mhsemcheski at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got a Slashdot account with excellent karma, but what would
> the story submission be?

And I have a Slashdot account with a 4 digit user ID.  But in all
honesty, I can't stand reading Slashdot.

You can be an expert in a field of maybe only a dozen people.  And
the "mob rule" will make your details irrelevant if they don't fit
the "popular agenda."

E.g., I worked at a leading async fabless semiconductor firm some 6-8
years ago.  A colleague of mine and I who worked at that firm tried
correct several people, and we were utterly lambasted.

> A friend of a friend tells me this book was put together
> with OSS...  we discuss it on our LUG's mailing list at
> this link.

In all honesty, Slashdot (/.) is largely for geeks who aren't really
geeks, but wanna-be geeks.  For those Linux "advocates" who actually
think people aren't running Linux or aren't running non-Microsoft or
aren't non-Windows and think that is the norm.

But that's just my view.

I just hit lxer for the headlines, I leave the analysis dribble for
those far more relevant and experienced than 97% of what you find on
/.

--
Bryan J. Smith   Professional, Technical Annoyance
b.j.smith at ieee.org    http://thebs413.blogspot.com