[wplug] Mount Remote Drive

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 08:58:56 EDT 2007

On 8/14/07, Bryan J. Smith <thebs413 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Using a faster cipher (like Blowfish), or no cipher, addresses that.

Does OpenSSH support no cipher?  I didn't think it did.

> > Also, one thing I've often found, is that if there isn't a
> > full-duplex connection between the two ends of the transfer,
> > it slows things down greatly.

> I'm not understanding your point there.  Usability?  Performance?
> SFTP can actually give you quite a bit.

This is just something I've seen more than a few times.  People are
seeing slow transfers via SMB.  They correct their duplex settings.
The transfers happen faster.  Just because you can get to "the
internet" doesn't mean your duplex settings are correct.