[wplug] Mount Remote Drive

Greg Simkins gregsim at telerama.com
Mon Aug 13 17:53:11 EDT 2007

Hi,

I want to run VMware vitualizer on my physical (Dell) Windows 2003
Server, then copy the resulting image to a remote server running ubuntu,
where I will operate it as a virtual machine, then shut down the
physical server.

Is there a way to mount the remote server as a drive letter on the
Windows server so that I can output the image directly to the new
server?  I notice that Windows wizard will link to an ftp site.  I am
not currently running ftp on the ubuntu, but ssh.  If I have to use ftp,
I will create a new user, do the transfer, then delete the user.  I
don't want to transmit my root password via ftp.  Is that the best way?

Thanks,

Greg