[wplug] [wplug-announce] Installfest this weekend

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Aug 8 00:00:37 EDT 2007

Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> Will there be wired internet access to make it easier to set things up?
> I was thinking I'd make a cd with drivers for Nvidia, ATI, and some
> wireless cards to make it easier.

Due to Carnegie Mellon University policy, we do NOT provide wireless
access to individuals during installfest.  If you have wireless access
at CMU through any of various channels, you're more than welcome to use
it, but folks affiliated with CMU will NOT get you on the wireless network.

Rather, we provided NAT protected wired access to the Internet at
Carnegie Mellon.  We have an acceptable use policy related to the
network access available for individuals at the installfest, but it
basically amounts to "if you don't play nice, you can't play at all".

--Patrick