[wplug] Data Destruction in PGH

Moshe Katz-Hyman mokatz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 11:49:57 EDT 2007

Hey, does anyone have any experience with any data destruction
companies here in PGH?  My company is looking to destroy our old
harddrives that have contained confidential data.

Yes, we DBAN wipe the drives (if they are still functional), but we
still want destruction, and as much as I would like to personally take
a sledgehammer or high powered rifle to them, we are looking for
something a little more verifiable.  Preferably a company that would
certify each drive's descruction via shredding and possible even
melting down, etc.  If they recycle the resultant slag, that would be
nice. :)

Anyone have any input?

Thanks

Moshe