[wplug] Starting From Scratch

Michael H. Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 18:35:30 EDT 2007

I didn't know LTSP could run some apps on the server and some on the
client.  That's a pretty good feature.

There's going to be a lot of matlab, and a significant (though not
mountainous) amount of data being collected.  I feel kind of like, if we're
going to have thick clients, than they might as well be proper thick
clients.  I'm leaning toward using autofs and nfs.  In for a penny, in for a
pound.

The database with replication services is a cool idea too.  Its pretty easy
to convert any thing into a stream and store it in a blob field.  One thing,
though, is in my experience, some databases have trouble replicating blobs.

Lots of great ideas in this thread.

Mike