[wplug] Cheap VPN Solution

Max Putas maxblaze at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 08:07:29 EDT 2007

I'm currently looking for a cheap (under $100) but solid VPN solution for a
small business. I've looked at some software-based products like Hamachi,
but that is only on a per-node basis, and I need something that would cover
the entire LAN. Linksys and Netgear seem to make a few, but they tend to
have fairly bad reviews, and I've tried the open firmware VPN software on
the WRT54GL. It works, but it tends to drop the connection after about 20
min. or so. Now, I know I can simply setup Stonewall or another specialized
distro on an old PC; I'm looking for more of an appliance.

--
Thanks,

Max Putas
Graduate Student, Telecommunications
Systems Analyst, Graduate School of Public Health
University of Pittsburgh