[wplug] More on downtown WiFi

Jonathan S. Billings billings at negate.org
Fri Sep 15 12:51:07 EDT 2006

On 09/15/2006 12:28 PM, Ryan Moszynski wrote:
> whoever can and is interested should go to one of these training
> sessions and see if they can get a linux/bsd laptop to connect.

I'm sure you'd probably end up confusing the trainer more than anything
else!

> In the first part of the quote, are they describing how to connect with
> a mac?

No, that's the Windows way.  A Mac would be something like, "Click on
the Wireless icon in the menubar, and choose "Wi-Fi Pittsburgh".

> I'm guessing that the "free" service is ad supported.  I'm just
> wondering how the ads are handled.

I was wondering the same thing!  Maybe there is a captive portal you
must click through before being able to visit any arbitrary page?

"In short, _N is Richardian if, and only if, _N is not Richardian."