[wplug] Paris Hilton Releases Tinkerbell Linux

A. McCullough groupsfan at comcast.net
Mon Sep 4 16:03:55 EDT 2006

Agreed. I'm just a lurker here for the most part - AND A WOMAN - and I did *not*
feel the Paris Hilton link to be "anti-woman" or "anti-equality" in the
slightest. I took it as a jab at folks like Paris who think the world should
kiss their polished little toes just because they're who they are, and not for
anything of any consequence they've done to earn that respect. Paris just
happens to be a particularly large target for satire of this kind. The author
could have done the same article with the name "Little Richard" and it would
still be funny - but who knows who Little Richard is any more?

To look beyond the surface here and read something darker and more sinister into
what was supposed to be a lighthearted attempt at humor is, IMHO, a step too
far. The world is tough enough to exist in (and it's still easier to do that
here than in just about anywhere else on the globe) - lighten up already and try
not to see boogiemen where none were implied. Yes, it's a well-known fact that
women don't get the same employment equality as men - not only in technology,
but in many other fields - but that wasn't the intent of the original post and I
didn't take it as such.

Now, can we drop the subject, quit wearing our nerves on our sleeves, and get
back to Linux?

Anna McCullough
Female and not offended.