[wplug] Paris Hilton Releases Tinkerbell Linux

Christopher DeMarco cmd at alephant.net
Mon Sep 4 14:12:37 EDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 02:03:29PM -0400, kimberly wrote:

> Wait... what? Do you have any idea how hard it is, as a woman in the
> technology field to *be* treated as an equal? Those might seem
> obvious, but they're not put into practice as often as they should.

I'm very sympathetic to the difficulty of being an outsider in a
homogeneous culture, but I think Don's point was that the Paris Hilton
piece was less anti-woman as it was anti- vacuous celebrity, while
Beth Lynn's citation of the anti-sexism guidelines framed it as the
former.

--
Christopher DeMarco <cmd at alephant.net>
Alephant Systems (http://alephant.net)