[wplug] csh question

jdwoods at comcast.net jdwoods at comcast.net
Sun Sep 3 19:29:26 EDT 2006

I don't know of a way to do file completion with Solaris 8 or 9, and we really don't know the names of all files. Most times we hunt them down with find or locate. What most Solaris Admins use for a shell is ksh, which by pressing Esc and then k will bring up the last command. By repeatedly pressing k, it will go through your history. It would be great to have bash on Solaris. Most of the time I use Linux though...

Jeff

Jonathan S. Billings wrote:
> On 08/31/2006 02:11 PM, O'Connor, Michael P. wrote:
> > Is there any way to get csh to act like bash on a double <tab> key,
>
> By default, control-D will do that.  From the tcsh man page:

And in the stock /bin/csh on Solaris 8, pressing TAB gets you...
a tab.  I guess real UNIX admins don't need filename completion;
they know the names of all files already.  :)