[wplug] Anyone else read the NetBSD article?

Greg Simkins gregsim at telerama.com
Fri Sep 1 11:01:13 EDT 2006

Although I am completely unfamiliar with the technical issues, I found this
article interesting as a microcosm of one of the major pitfalls with open
source.  Without ownership, who will champion the product?  As much as
people distrust Microsoft (including myself to an extent), they take
ownership of their product and they fix it when broken.  I still feel I get
the greatest value from Microsoft products.  As as good capitalist, I  don't
put all my eggs in one basket - I am still working hard to get familiar with
the Open Source world.  If Microsoft gains total dominance, the value I now
enjoy can disappear quickly.

Greg