[wplug] journal commit i/o error

Shane Liesegang shane at shaneliesegang.com
Thu Oct 26 12:47:27 EDT 2006

Poyner, Brandon wrote:
> You might have to tell smartmontools how to see the drives if they are
> serial ATA and use libata (they'll show up as /dev/sd[a-z] if that is
> the case).
>
> "smartctl -a -d ata /dev/sda"
>
> There should be a seagate tool that you can use on a boot floppy or CD
> as well.

Never did manage to get smartmontools working, but I also didn't try
what you said. SeaTools Desktop is their downloadable boot disk that
runs all manner of diagnostic... sure enough, one disk checked out fine,
the other through gobbledygook text errors into the GUI and failed the
test.

Back to NewEgg with you!

Thanks for the help, everyone!

	- SJML