[wplug] journal commit i/o error

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Thu Oct 26 12:21:52 EDT 2006

> I tried smartmontools, which, for whatever reason, claims that my
> devices don't support SMART. I downloaded SeaTools Desktop (both my
> drives are Seagate), and it said that SMART was enabled on
> the drives,
> which makes me think there was some kind of software error there.
>
> The SeaTools Desktop ran its tests, but threw a floating
> point error and
> refused to test my second disk. Suspicious. I'm definitely
> starting to
> think hardware goofiness on this one.

You might have to tell smartmontools how to see the drives if they are
serial ATA and use libata (they'll show up as /dev/sd[a-z] if that is
the case).

"smartctl -a -d ata /dev/sda"

There should be a seagate tool that you can use on a boot floppy or CD
as well.

Brandon Poyner
Network Engineer III
CCAC - College Office