[wplug] Tag database for text

Shane Liesegang shane at shaneliesegang.com
Tue Oct 10 16:33:01 EDT 2006

Apologies for cross-posting...

I'm looking for some software that would let me (and preferably a group
of users) create a database of text files (or just text snippets) and
record metadata for each of them. Then, we'd want to be able to quickly
search and filter based on that metadata. Essentially, it would be like
iTunes, but for text instead of audio files.

Is there anything like this? It sounds really similar to a wiki, but
wikis aren't as good at metadata tagging, in my experience. Anybody have
any thoughts?

	- SJML