[wplug] Mastering Linux

Joe Gallo joegallo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 09:18:25 EDT 2006

Usually I just lurk, but this one drove me to action.  I'm so happy and
used to "emerge -uD world" updating EVERY package on my system that has
an available update, and doing it AUTOMATICALLY, that I feel like I'm
dealing with some sort of crippled machine when I'm using windows.

"Oh, I have to run the uninstaller, download the new installer, and then
run the new installer... for each software package I have... terrific..."

I actually wish someone would make a software management system as
excellent as Gentoo and Ubuntu have for Windows.

Just my $.02, and I realize your individual mileage may vary, but I
thought it was amazing that we have such different perspectives.

Joe