[wplug] Call for newsletter submissions

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Wed Oct 4 16:12:00 EDT 2006

Are you interested in writing about Linux and Open Source?  The
Open Pitt is seeking articles for the October issue.  Some
possible topics to write about (or feel free to choose your own)
are:

 *Summarize your Ohio LinuxFest experience
 *Review a recently-released distribution or application
 *How your business uses Open Source in its operations

It would be great if there is some tie-in to the Pittsburgh area,
but this is not required.

There are few constraints:

 *Length can be as short as 100-200 words, or as long as 500
  words.  Even longer articles can be broken up into multiple
  parts.
 *It should generally not be something that was already published
  elsewhere (a personal blog doesn't count as "published" in this
  context).

Don't be afraid if you're inexperienced or have grammar and
spelling problems - we'll edit and proofread your article and
give any writing help you need.

If you can contribute something, let us know ASAP.  Thanks!

Send your ideas or drafts to <top at wplug.org>.  Plain text and
OpenOffice files are best, but we can read most anything.

Thanks for contributing,
The Open Pitt editors