[wplug] Using a specific DHCP server?

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed Oct 4 12:18:14 EDT 2006

> I have an odd situation, I have a Redhat workstation on a network with
> multiple DHCP servers.
>
> How can I setup the interface to always go to one paticular DHCP server for
> it's address?  I was thinking
> do some forwarding with iptables, but that won't work since the interface
> doesn't have an address yet.

Two ideas:
1) Configure static IPs based on MAC addresses on your DHCP servers so
   they only answer if they have that unit's MAC in their config.
2) Configure your firewalls or similar to block DHCP traffic based on
   MAC address so it can only get to the server you want.

Of course, the best solution is to fix your network.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.