[wplug] procmail help

Chester R. Hosey chosey at nauticom.net
Sat May 20 23:58:56 EDT 2006

Gentgeen wrote:

> Thanks for the help.  Have cleaned up my procmail file some now :-)
>
> After reading this I got another thought, Can Fetchmail add a
> user-defined header for me?  Something like "This mail retrieved from
> account XYZ"

Not as far as I can tell, although it might be possible to filter it
through a local chain of commands which will do what you'd like.

> Fetchmail sends it along to procmail who passes the mail through
> ClamAssassin and SpamAssassin before senting it along to the personal
> accounts.

I'd imagine that what you're looking to do can be done with a
combination of the "formail" utility, fetchmail, and procmail. I'd hoped
to do a little digging today to try to patch together a suggestion, but
my other errands took more time than I'd hoped. I'll try my best to come
up with a response by tomorrow, but wanted to make sure not to leave you
wondering why there was no response yet.

Chet