[wplug] 2 thumbs up

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Fri May 12 23:18:16 EDT 2006

> Started using Telerama, local company, as my ISP this week and I'm
> very pleased.

 	I'm glad to hear that. I had heard some people asking questions
about their facilities. I haven't been there in a while, but I understand
they have far exceeded what that building origionally was designed for,
in terms of telecom facilities. I think they have an Akamai box in there,
or something similar (which seems to be an alternative to a tiered
Internet -- a cached Internet, which I think is okay).

 	For contrast, the ASP Station facilities, as I understand it, were
designed as a datacenter in mind, and already has tons of fiber
terminating within the building. Their pricing scheme doesn't sound as
attractive as Telerama's, but the building is designed for tons of
bandwidth. Note the blue Ferrari in the parking lot.

 	Did everyone know that there is a Level 3 Colo here in the South
Side? It's on 25th street and Harcum, look iut up on Google Earth, if you
haven't seen it. THey're apparently installing more fiber from somewhere,
as is Level 3's custom, and so there has been power outages and utility
contractor fun all throughout the area. I accosted a technician, and he
says it's pretty full up in there.

 	Just thought I'd pipe up again, and no, a flamewar is not my
intention either! =_)

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		http://www.zhrodague.net