[wplug] Running apache with user other than 'www' or 'httpd'?

Russ Schneider russ at sugapablo.com
Fri May 12 09:39:12 EDT 2006

It seems that one of my work servers (RedHat w/apache) has a problem.
Emails generated from websites on that server are blocked by AOL and other
ISPs using the same anti-spam software (I believe it's SpamCop, not sure
though).

The IP of the server is not blocked.  "root" can send email no problem,
but any email with "www at localhost" in the header is blocked.  Trouble is,
any PHP generated email from the server has that in the header.

There is no PHP setting I can find that would change that.  So I'm curious
if I could actually run apache with a different user (currently it's
"www").

Could I create a user such as "sugapablo" to run apache?  How would I do
that?  Do you think that get around the AOL problem?

--
Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)
http://www.sugapablo.net